Quality 22mm2 THHN Wire Per Meter
- According to UL Standard
- Approved by ISO, CE, SGS, UL
- Place of Origin: Henan, China
- Production Process: PVC+Nylon
- HS Code: 8544492100
- Color: red, black, green, blue, etc.
- MOQ: 1000 Meters
- Low Voltage
22mm2 THHN wire falls under a specialized category of copper-core electrical wire. 22mm2 thhn wire to awg is approximately 4awg and is capable of carrying 70 to 95 amps. The thermoplastic insulation of the 22mm2 THHN wire becomes pliable when heated and regains its rigidity when cooled, which greatly enhances the ease of installation. 22mm2 THHN wire is resilient to high temperatures, abrasion, and chemicals, making it an ideal choice for both indoor and outdoor use in residential and commercial settings, as well as for industrial applications involving heavy machinery or demanding applications. Typically supplied in spools of 100 meters, 22mm2 THHN wire is designed to be compatible with cable tray systems or underground installations.
22mm2 THHN Wire Specification:
- Conductor: 19 Strands
- Insulation: PVC
- Sheath: Nylon
- Sheath Color: Red, yellow, blue, green, black, and white, etc.
- Temperature Range: -10°C – +90°C
- Rated voltage: 600V
- Weight: 234KG per KM
FAQ About 22mm2 THHN Cable
The difference between 22mm2 THHN solid and stranded wires are:
- Application Considerations: Stranded 22mm2 THHN wire exhibits superior flexibility, rendering it an optimal choice for scenarios requiring intricate installation paths, such as in machinery or portable equipment. Conversely, solid 22mm2 THHN wire, characterized by its rigidity, is predominantly suited for straight installations. Its stiffness is particularly advantageous in fixed, stationary settings where minimal wire movement is anticipated.
- Fatigue Resistance: The structural design of stranded wire enables it to effectively absorb and distribute the stresses induced by repeated bending or vibrational forces. This property significantly lowers the risk of wire failure over prolonged periods, especially in applications where the wire is subject to continuous movement. In contrast, solid wire, while suitable for static applications, is more susceptible to breakage under consistent flexing conditions.
- Installation: From an installation perspective, solid 22mm2 THHN wire offers certain advantages. Its inherent structural integrity allows it to maintain form and facilitates a straightforward insertion into various types of terminals and connectors. This characteristic can expedite the installation process in settings where complex wire manipulation is not required. On the other hand, the stranded variant, with its aggregate of individual wire strands, demands meticulous attention during installation to ensure that all strands are properly encompassed and secured.
In summary, The choice between solid and stranded 22mm2 THHN wire depends on application-specific requirements.
22mm2 THHN wire is designed with fire-resistant qualities, making it a suitable choice for environments where heat exposure and potential fire hazards are a concern. The wire features thermoplastic insulation, a material that will soften under the heat and is less likely to ignite. Additionally, nylon coating envelops the wire, providing an extra layer of defense against fire and other environmental stressors.
However, it is crucial to acknowledge that while 22mm2 THHN wire exhibits fire resistance, it is not impervious to fire. In conditions of extreme heat, particularly in the presence of direct flames, the wire’s insulation may sustain damage. Consequently, strict adherence to relevant safety codes and installation standards is imperative in ensuring the wire’s optimal performance and safety.
The market price of 22mm2 copper wire is subject to variation, largely influenced by the fluctuating costs of its primary raw material, copper. For those seeking current and precise pricing information, it is advisable to directly contact ZW Cable. Here is reference price for 22mm2 thnn wire USD 3 per meter.